C-MAX Hybrid Owners Welcomes You!

Custom Search

Welcome to C-MAX Hybrid Owners Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to C-MAX Hybrid Owners Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of C-MAX Hybrid Owners Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and upload photos. . .more
Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2013 C-max hybrid needed a jump start today

battery jump start

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jacobus

Jacobus

New C-Max Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNashville
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX SE

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

1,469 miles. I called roadside assistance today to get a jump start. It was completely dead. I put the key in and....nothing. No interior lights , nothing. I'm not aware that I left anything on in my car. If I did (ie. interior lights), I imagine it would have turned itself off...right? Has this happened to anyone else? I didn't drive a whole lot in the last two days. I can't imagine that would have any affect either. Now i'm considering buying a battery charger.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Husker4theSpurs

Husker4theSpurs

New C-Max Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-Max SEL

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

This happened to my girlfriend the other day as well. I chalked it up to her accidentally hitting the power button without her foot on the brake and it discharging the battery over the full day after she left it. Maybe not????

#3 OFFLINE   Spazmatic

Spazmatic

New C-Max Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationGA
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:41 AM

Following this topic

#4 OFFLINE   D.Little

D.Little

New C-Max Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationVirgina Beach
  • Current Vehicle:Escape

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

Any updates on the dead batteries?
Dan Little
Blue Blood (not the rich kind, the FORD kind).

1970 Ford Maverick Grabber
1970 Cyclone 429 SCJ
2009 F150

#5 OFFLINE   Husker4theSpurs

Husker4theSpurs

New C-Max Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-Max SEL

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:02 AM

Jump start ... No problems since. I think she just left it on (had turned it on without having foot on the brake) without knowing.

#6 OFFLINE   Jacobus

Jacobus

New C-Max Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNashville

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

Another jump was needed so I took it to Ford and after 5 hours they replaced the battery. They had to order the battery

#7 OFFLINE   Jacobus

Jacobus

New C-Max Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNashville

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:39 AM

Got the new battery, now the clock in the center display is stopped and cannot adjust. The clock near the speedometer is working.

#8 OFFLINE   Hybrid dude

Hybrid dude

New C-Max Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max hybrid

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:49 AM

Same thing happened to me this morning ... completely dead, couldn't even unlock doors. Awaiting roadside or actually parking lot-side assistance. I don't really want to spend five hours at the dealer but I guess they have to put in some diagnostic effort. I have the SE model, so no chance of leaving the vehicle on. Just made several routine trips yesterday.

#9 OFFLINE   D.Little

D.Little

New C-Max Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationVirgina Beach
  • Current Vehicle:Escape

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

A little worried about these early failures :(
Dan Little
Blue Blood (not the rich kind, the FORD kind).

1970 Ford Maverick Grabber
1970 Cyclone 429 SCJ
2009 F150

#10 OFFLINE   wilsonvr

wilsonvr

New C-Max Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Hybird

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

I experienced the same issue last week, my son drove the car and when I got up in the morning the 12 volt system was completely dead. I had to pull out the battery charger and jump start the car. What I have since discovered by leaving the radio on is that there are times that I can turn the car off get out of the car and lock the doors and the radio is still on. This has happen about 6 to 8 times over the last 5 days. I will be taking the car to the dealer today for service

#11 OFFLINE   smarish

smarish

New C-Max Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationFairfax, Virginia
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

I had the same problem. The car is 11 days old, 488 miles. I drove to work (10-miles) and parked for 8 hours. when I came out to start the car it was completely dead. The only thing I noticed was that I had left the shifter in 'drive'. I am not aware if I left the radio or anything else on. I got a quick jump and everything was fine. Almost as if nothing had happened. I don't understand why the battery now looks to be almost completely charged right after the jump start. It's almost like there was some sort of computer glitch and the jump start just woke it up. I was afraid of something like this when I got the hybrid. With a gas engine and a regular battery, you know exactly what is going on when the starter is slow or grinds to a halt.

#12 OFFLINE   thunderstruck

thunderstruck

New C-Max Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationChicago
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Sonata Hybrid

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

Wonder if could be a bad batch of batteries. I had a similar problem with my last non hybrid car, and it turned out I had a couple defective cells in my battery. A trip to the dealer and a replacement cured that real quick. If there is a batch number you guys with the problem can compare notes to see if there is a common element.
Posted Image

#13 OFFLINE   PWBarrett

PWBarrett

New C-Max Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL on order

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:38 AM

Too bad there isn't a way to tap current from the HV battery and step it down to 14.8V to jump the low voltage battery.
I know if it ever happens to me, I'll be really annoyed knowing there was power available right there that couldn't be used.

I tried looking up the 12V battery - I hope these become easier to find as more C-Maxs hit the road.

#14 OFFLINE   smarish

smarish

New C-Max Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationFairfax, Virginia
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

I think I found out why my battery died last week. Because I almost did it again. I left the shifter in 'Drive' for about an hour and when I came back to the car the dash lights were on and telling me the gearshift was not in 'Park'. I think the same thing happened before, only I left it sitting for 8 hours and it drained the battery. this time I caught it after only one hour. There is no warning bell or anything when you leave the shifter in Drive. On gas engine cars you cannot take the key out unles it is in 'Park'. I was sitting and listening to a recording after stopping and pressing the 'Off' button. When I got out of the car, it was in 'Drive' and for some reason, it drains the battery.

#15 OFFLINE   Alyse

Alyse

New C-Max Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNV
  • Current Vehicle:2012

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

Very interesting. Please keep us updated on all the findings.

#16 OFFLINE   salman

salman

New C-Max Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Locationlos angeles
  • Current Vehicle:c-max se

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

100 miles and my battery was dead this morning. CMAX SE. going to dealer tomorrow and wrote to Ford today suggesting that this problem seems common and might be due to a bad parts supplier, hence should become a recall issue. anyone who has the battery die or electric system die should let Ford know.

#17 OFFLINE   torsion

torsion

New C-Max Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationmidwest
  • C-MAX:Hybrid Owner
  • Color:Tuxedo Black
  • Current Vehicle:2013

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

It has happened twice so far.  It didn't act like the battery was dead.  The car turned over instantly as soon as the jumpers were connected.

#18 OFFLINE   Spazmatic

Spazmatic

New C-Max Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

It has happened twice so far.  It didn't act like the battery was dead.  The car turned over instantly as soon as the jumpers were connected.

Did you use a jump box, started cables or ?

#19 OFFLINE   Gprintman

Gprintman

New C-Max Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Locationcleveland ohio
  • Current Vehicle:c-max hybrid

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

when back to dealer they flash new software to the computer and all problems when away dealer has a update

#20 OFFLINE   Spazmatic

Spazmatic

New C-Max Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

when back to dealer they flash new software to the computer and all problems when away dealer has a update

That's VERY good news. Thanks for the updated.  Was there a TSB number that you have?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users